Saturday, January 10, 2009

13 weeks

I went to the doctor this week. We got to actually meet the doctor. I had been seeing the nurse practitioner. I really like the doctor. He is based in Ocean Springs, MS and that is where we will have the baby. The hospital name is Singing River Hospital (not the one in Pascagoula though). The doc is super nice and very concerned. He went to get the portable machine that lets you hear the heartbeat and could not find it. He pushed and pushed on my belly and we never heard it. I know I had to have a funny look on my face so he sent me down the the ultrasound room and we got to see our little munchkin again. It was so exciting to see its little heartbeat again. We figured out why it was hard to find the heartbeat. The little thing was turned on its side. We could see the arm nubs and leg nubs. It had one of its arms up on its forehead and we think it is going to be picture shy. It looked like it was covering up its eyes from the picture. My husband said "Awww... he is sucking his thumb." (He wants it to be a boy) I told him "Chris, she doesn't have fingers yet." LOL (I want it to be a girl) Speaking of.... we will find out in 6 weeks what it will be. I go back to see the doctor in 4 weeks and then he will set the appointment at the hospital to find out the sex. We hope it won't be turned like it was Wednesday. I have not felt any movements yet, but i can't wait! The picture from Wednesday said that it was 18 cm long (if I read them right). I should start to feel little "butterflies" in the next couple of weeks. The only problem I have been having lately is sleep. As of yesterday, I had not had a good night of sleep in 3 days. So, finally last night after I got in at almost midnight, I took 2 Benadryl. I didn't wake up until 9 AM. Then, I went back to sleep at noon. I feel rested now. Thank the LORD!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.