Sunday, January 18, 2009
PromIses!
I just want to say that I am so excited about what God is doing in and around my life. The devil has tried all week to interfere in my life but I have a promise from God that I can be of good cheer because He has already overcome this world. People are constantly trying to rob me of my joy in the Lord, but I am pressing on to receive my prize. The Bible is filled with so many promises from God and he is reminding me daily of them. I have been going through some trials and struggles in my life but God promises that He will never leave us or forsake us. He knows what we go through. And he always goes before us. This morning while I was getting ready for church, Satan tried everything from my hair not fixing right to my clothes not fitting right. I told him real quick that in the NAME OF JESUS he was not keeping me from going to God's house. And, boy God showed up at Calvary Baptist Church. It was kinda dead at first, but in obedience to the Lord, I sang "How Great Thou Art" a cappela. I have never done that before and I was so nervous, but with the Lord's strength, we made it through. By the end of the song, the whole church was standing with their hands raised to the Great and Mighty God. I do not take any credit for this because God's Holy Spirit showed up and met with us today. I love when you go to church and that happens. You coud have heard a pin drop in that place. There was not a baby screaming. It was complete silence. I am so thankful that I serve a God who wants to meet with His people. I don't say any of this to boast of me or Calvary. I say it to boast about my Lord! I could talk all day about His wonderful works. I am so thankful for His faithfulness! I tell you, I have a new song in my heart after this morning. Thank you, Lord
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.