Just a little update on how we are doing...
Momma is doing good. I am recovering well. Getting around a lot better, but thankful that my sis is here to help me around the house. She vacuumed and mopped my floors for me yesterday. She is a big help with the baby.
Daddy is doing good, also. He is spoiling his baby girl, his daddy's girl. He can't seem to get enough sugar from her. It is so funny watching him around her. She is so fragile to him.
I know you all are more interested in how baby Blair is doing... She is just lovely, as usual. She sleeps a lot, as to be expected. We went yesterday for another bili test, and she is jaundice free! Praise the Lord. Her weight has dropped back down to 8 lbs, but that is normal. She slept much better last night, and we were able to sleep-in some this morning. She is staying awake and very alert in the afternoons. She will just look around and explore. I know she will be glad when her eyes begin to focus better.
Here are a few pictures from the past few days...

She is so cute when she is sleeping. She will stretch and move those arms in front on her face. She always has her arms around her face. Now we know why we couldn't get good 4-D pictures.

This was after her first sponge bath. She has her Pop's hair. It sticks out like an afro! We have to tame it down with baby oil. I am afraid to inform all you folks, but her hair is thinning out. It makes me very sad as well, but hopefully she won't lose it all. It is starting to lighten up too. We can't tell much about her eyes. They are still a dark blue like when a baby is born.

There she is again with her hand around her face. She had just had her first fingernail clipping. Thanks to Nana! Momma cut them for the first time today, and I have to say it wasn't as bad as I thought. We filed them down some so that they weren't as sharp. I am getting close to polishing her toenails!

Blair with her great-Aunt Tanyia...

Blair and her great- grandmother, MawMaw... MawMaw was so excited to finally meet her! She had some things to bring in from the car, and she couldn't get them set down soon enough. She was ready to hold that dumplin.

Blair, Daddy, and great-grandfather (Papoo)... 4 generations

We took Blair for her first ride in the stroller. It was so nice one afternoon, and she needed some sunlight. Momma and Daddy needed to walk as well. We are gonna make this a habit!
I hope you enjoy the updated pictures. I will try to update this pretty regularly, but you all know how it is with a newborn. Time is very precious!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.