Monday, August 17, 2009

it's been a while

Wow, so much time has passed since the last update. It is much harder to find time to update everyone now that Blair is older and becoming more alert. She is still doing great! I just love being at home with her. We have lots of quality time together. I cannot believe how big she has gotten. She changes so much from week to week. We have started to get her on a bedtime schedule. This has been a HUGE chore! At first, we were giving her a bath, jammies, warm bottle, and BED. Well, she hates a bath, so we switched that to morning time. Just did that yesterday, so we will see how well she does with it then. The whole idea of the bedtime routine is to calm her down, and the bath was only winding her up. Anyways, she sleeps so good at night once we get her to sleep. She can fall asleep in my arms, but as soon as I put her in her bed she wakes wide awake. I am trying different things to fix this. I will let you know later how the experiments work. Usually she goes to sleep between 10 or 11 (I would like it to be a little earlier) and wake up once somewhere between 3:30 and 5. Then, she is up at 8 for her breakfast. I cannot complain at all about this. She is the perfect little angel!
We had some pictures taken of her several weeks ago. They turned out so good. You can check them out at www.lollipoppictures.com. I can't wait to get our order in so that I can fill some pictures frames I have received.
Well, school has started around here. We went to the "Meet the Rebels" event this past weekend. Heidelberg Academy Football season is off to a great start. They had a scrimmage game and won! WHOO HOO! Go Rebels! (I feel weird saying that... I have never said it. It has always been Go Dawgs!) An hour before the game, they introduced the cheerleaders, softball players, and football players. It was a great time of fellowship. I am so glad to be getting involved in the community. Blair did very well at her first football game. She was wide awake the whole time. She will make a great cheerleader one day. She was holding up her index finger for #1. It was so cute. Everyone was just ooooo-ing and ahhhh-ing over Blair. She has become the center of attention now-a-days.
She spent her first Sunday in the nursery yesterday. I didn't know what to do with myself without her in church with me, but I was so glad to be back in Sunday School and Training Union. I missed it. She did much better than momma did. She actually stayed awake and played with the nursery workers. Usually, when she is in Big Church, she keeps her hands over her ears because her daddy gets loud and disturbs her sleep. But, in the nursery she don't have to listen to it! She can do her thing.
Here are a few pictures from the past few weeks...

That's right... She is already a Dawg fan! This is an old t-shirt from one of the Burnett girls... not sure which one it is from, but it is at least 13 years old.
After her first real bath. Like I said, she HATES them! This is her favorite part about a bath... getting wrapped up in the towel.
Her first pair of tennis shoes! So cute if we can get them to stay on her feet. She is always moving her legs and kicking them off
Just a funny face. I think she looks more like her daddy in this picture. Sometimes she can looks like me, and sometimes like him. Can you tell that she was having a bad hair day. And, yes, she is still in her jammies. We had a lazy day that day.
I just love love this outfit. It is so cute. She looks like a big girl with her big ole belly. She is a growing girl. We weighed and measured her about a week ago and she was about 9 1/2-10 lbs and about 24 inches long. I don't know what I am gonna do with her, but love her!

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.