Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Baby Dedication

I am trying to get better about blogging more frequent. It took me only 2 weeks to blog this time. With family members all around, it is just easier to tell what all is going on this way.

We had baby dedication at church a couple of Sunday's ago. While preparing my heart and mind for dedicating our child, I was reminded of Hannah in the Bible. She had difficulty bearing children. She prayed to the Lord for children that she so desperately wanted. She poured out her heart for children. The Lord did bless her with a child. "She named him Samuel, saying, 'Because I asked the LORD for him.'" 1 Samuel 1:20

She dedicated Samuel to the Lord:
24 After he was weaned, she took the boy with her, young as he was, along with a three-year-old bull, an ephah of flour and a skin of wine, and brought him to the house of the LORD at Shiloh. 25 When they had slaughtered the bull, they brought the boy to Eli, 26 and she said to him, "As surely as you live, my lord, I am the woman who stood here beside you praying to the LORD. 27 I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. 28 So now I give him to the LORD. For his whole life he will be given over to the LORD." And he worshiped the LORD there. 1 Samuel 1:24-28

I gave my daughter to the Lord, and am praying for her walk with the Lord as you sit here and read this. I long to see the day that she accepts the Lord! we also dedicated ourselves as parents to the Lord. Without His help, I cannot be the parent I ought to be to Blair. I know that He will help us to make proper decisions as we raise our daughter up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.

Here are just a few pictures from that day. My mother got more pictures than I did, and I am waiting for her to email them to me. Here are a few that came from my camera.

Isn't she just beautiful! I love that girl so much!


She was not very interested in taking pictures at this point. She just wanted to go to sleep.
Poor thing! (But, I do think my mom got a better picture of all us after my camera gave out)

That was a very special day that I will remember for the rest of my life!




Here is just an extra picture for y'all. We have some very dear friends that just had a baby boy. We went to their house the other night to fellowship with them. Blair and Clark decided they wanted to sleep. Clark is only 3 weeks old, so he is still in his sleeping stage. Blair was just wore out from a busy day. Here they are laying side-by-side. I thought it was so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.